Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

To shop or not...

So, I am a little smarter today than yesterday. I decided to wait to write this until the girls were playing together upstairs. Then again, last time they played together with the door closed, they gave each other haircuts. I like to think everything is out of reach, but who am I kidding.
So, I bet you think it is just awful to go grocery shop, clothing shop, etc. with your kids.  I bet you can't top mine.  I had a jacket of Grace's that had to be returned to Macy's.  Now, if any of you know me, I hate shopping and I dislike the mall even more.  Well, where do I walk into, the lingerie department.
I'm thinking, I'm heading to Mexico in about a week, and the last time I bought myself a bra was probably two years ago at Walmart. The mom is the last person to buy anything for herself. So, yes, I am due for a little pampering. And yes, I am sharing a little personal information, but nothing more funny than something personal. I really didn't think it through, since I had both of the girls.
It took about an hour and a half. I had a great saleslady who kept bringing me bras, no kidding, brought in about 30 different kinds. Now, she also helped me try them on, while both girls are looking. Huh. Yes, I know that is how it is done, but my husband jokes around that the saleslady saw more of me than he has in the last 6 months!
One of the last bras, (phew) was a strapless one. At this point, Grace is doing the potty dance as well as me. I start taking it off, letting the lady know I have to take my daughter to the bathroom, it shoots off like a torpedo. Okay, a little embarassing, then the lady says, "When you see one, you see them all."
Time to leave. The good point, I got three bras for $59.00!
See you in about 2 years Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment