Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One more please....

I have decided, after spending 5 days in Mexico, with no preservatives or salt, to start cooking this way at home. Easier said than done. First off, try explaining to your 4 1/2 year old that we won't be having any more frozen dinasour chicken or having her try some natural rice. She actually did pretty good, though I did cheat and added some refrigerated rolls. The chicken was dry and the coating was terrible. Cornmeal just didn't do the trick.
Of course, while I am making this meal I am having my daughter practice writing her name for her Valentine's Day cards, at the same time my 2 year old is saying, "Bad Mommy."
It is definitely a hard thing to cut out all those preservatives these days. What used to be regular food is now called "natural". I am going to keep trying to have our meals as healthy as possible, but we will still have fruit snacks and yes, donuts!
And, I am thinking, yes please, I need a 2nd glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment